Monday, February 8, 2016

Football Rant #2/The Broncos Win the SUPERBOWL

The Denver Broncos did it! They won SuperBowl 50!

I don't even know what the hell to say, I'm so proud of this team!

Now, about that football game...

First, here is an old pic of me on the day that Denver played Seattle in SuperBowl XLVIII. I had no idea that the Broncos were going to get their asses handed to them that day. This picture has nothing to do with this blog post, I just thought it was funny to see.

Obviously the defense was responsible for securing the win, but let's not take away from the offense, they moved the ball on quite a bit of plays that set up those field goals. This was a team effort, and the better team was thankfully the Broncos! I think Peyton Manning should retire after this one. He should go out on top in my opinion, but the guy lives for football. I'll support whatever Manning decides to do, and I'm still going to rock my Broncos Manning jersey!

The Panthers had an incredible season as well. I know you can't take away that bad feeling of a loss, especially when it's a SB loss, but their fans need to understand that they still made it to the SuperBowl. They were still the best team of the NFC, and just about EVERYONE picked Carolina to win. The Panthers beat some really good teams this season to achieve the record that they achieved, but unfortunately for them, none of those teams could compare to what the Broncos were this season.

I've only lived in Colorado for about 9 years. When I moved here, I was 17. I'm from Oklahoma, and we don't have any professional football teams there, only colleges to root for. My team used to be the Philadelphia Eagles, and it still is, but ever since I moved to Colorado, I've been on the Broncos bandwagon. People can think I'm "fake" for it or whatever, but I live here for fucks sake, and I was also around for the Cutler and Tebow days, so I feel that I've had my share of letdowns with this team.

It basically goes like this: My NFC Team = Eagles, My AFC Team = Broncos.

I can't really think of anything else to mention, so, thanks for reading.

GO BRONCOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment